Monday, July 19, 2010

Week 29

Hello Shanon!
I hope you've had a good week! We went home from my dad's on Monday and on Tuesday it was time to celebrate my father-in-law's 60th birthday. All the family on Martin's side were there and he'd decided that he wanted to celebrate it at a place called Älgens hus, which means The moose's house. As you can understand it was all about mooses, we even got to pet baby mooses :) It was so funny, because there were some Americans there too, and that made me think of you :) It was an older couple and to me it was so funny to hear their heavy American accents in the middle of the woods in the Swedish countryside :)

My postcard this week is from a lovely mansion that we visited yesterday. I got very bored yesterday afternoon (something that almost never happens to me, after all there are so many fun things to do :)) and went into the bedroom where Martin was playing Nintendo Wii. I lightly smacked him on his foot (it wasn't hard, I promise :)) with a magazine to get his attention and said that I wanted to do something or go somewhere. After a while he came around from his Wii-world and suggested that we go to this place. It's a very pretty mansion where they serve food and baked goods and it's right by the sea. We walked around there for a while and I took some shots but we didn't stay since none of us were hungry. I was also feeling a bit under-dressed. Not that there was a dress code there, but I just had on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt which isn't how I like to dress when I go to a mansion :) Martin thought I was silly, he said that there were other people there that were more under-dressed than me but you know how it is - if it doesn't feel right you're just not comfortable. But we'll go back there soon, and then I'll be more fancy :)

Have a great week!

xoxo

Moa

Hiya Moa!
I hope you had a pleasant week!
This week I walked to the post office under fear of rain, so I thought I'd shoot my umbrella for you. We had really bad weather throughout the state on Saturday night too, so it really does sum up the week.

Other than that, I spent the week preparing for an art fair that I have coming up. I'm nervous because I've not done and outdoor show before-- I'm worried about bad weather! I suppose the worst thing would be that all my prints would blow away in the wind or be rained on. Neither would end in death, so I should just not stress it...

In other news, I had a particularly nice Thursday. I drove a bunch of pieces out to a shop, someplace I'd never been, and it wound up taking me an hour to get there. That doesn't really sound nice, but on my way home, since I was dressed up (dressed up more than normal anyhow!) I decided to reward myself by stopping off at Anthropologie to pick up some sample knobs for the kitchen and while I was in that neighborhood I stopped at a restaurant for a quick bite as well. Eating my sushi out on their sidewalk tables, on a gorgeous evening all by my self, was heavenly. I was lost in thought until a lady with a labradoodle walked by. I'm not a big dog person myself, but those guys really pull at me. I think they are too sweet to be true!
Argh, so cute! =)
So that was my week. I'm looking forward to your postcard dear!

xoxo,

Shanon

3 comments:

  1. Moa, it's such a coincidence that both our times involved how we were dressed and what we felt like doing because of it! How funny!
    And I hate to disappoint you, but I really want a Wii. I only really want it for snowy winters trapped inside, but I do want one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the vintage feeling that your shot this week has! That is such a great umbrella! :)

    Oh, that really is a coincidence! But usually it feels better to be over-dressed than under-dressed :)

    I think Wii can be fun, it's just that my husband tends to get kind of absorbed when he plays :) I actually discovered that I was pretty good at bowling in Wii :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, That's why I wish we could only have it during the winter. =) Ben plays hours of computer games, so I feel your pain... ; )

    ReplyDelete