Monday, February 22, 2010

Week 8

Hello Shanon!
I hope all is well with you! I'm good, although I've been feeling kind of tired lately. In two weeks it's time for the winter sports holiday however, so I'll have some time to read books and drink tea. This is one of the great things about being a teacher :) In old times I guess the meaning of this holiday was that the kids were supposed to be outside and go cross-country skiing, but these days they are mostly inside, playing computer games. Although I'm not one to talk because I spend a lot of my time in front of the computer monitor too, but I'm editing photos so that's totally different - right? :)
Another thing I want to do when I have some time off is to do some baking. I really like to bake, but I rarely have the energy for it when I'm working. The other day I did make some peppermint rock candy biscotti though, a new recipe that I found somewhere on the web and I actually used some of the peppermint canes that I had left from Christmas (not the ones that were hanging in our tree though!) :) The end result was so-so but I liked how the peppermint canes looked against the colourful packaging of the sugar, the baking soda and the vanilla sugar :)
I hope you'll have a great week Shanon! I can't believe we're already on week 8! :)
xoxo
Moa


Hiya Moa!
I hope your week was a good one. It was a weird week here. I don't know why I'm calling it "weird" other than I've usually known exactly what I wanted to write to you about, and this week I don't know what to say. That in itself is weird, right?! I spent the week working on a bunch of little projects involving thread and yarn, but they aren't exactly at a point where I know what I'm doing, so I didn't think they'd make a good postcard. We went out to eat a few times, and the food was definitely yummy AND pretty the first time, but I'm rotten at taking good foodie shots in dark restaurants, so no postcard there either. Geesh!
We went to a dinner theatre for Ben's company on Friday and considering that was a big event-- we did dress up afterall!-- I decided that it would be as good a postcard as any, so *ta-da!* I bring you the neon sign at the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre! The musical itself was ok. I enjoy going to shows, so that was fun, but it was based on a movie that I really liked when I was young, so it couldn't really compete in my mind. ; ) Doesn't that make you think of how a movie is never as good as the book, if you really really loved the book?
Anyhow. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!
xoxo,
Shanon
p.s. Sorry for ANOTHER building/sign postcard. I'll try for something different next week! =)

4 comments:

  1. Moa, the idea of a sports holiday is so great! And I have to say, aren't computer games the worst? Someone in my household, but I won't name names, spends a large amount of time playing those. Argh! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the cheerfulness of that sign! I've always liked those "lightbulb frames"... It would be a great thing to have in the livingroom or something, not the whole sign but some sort of frame. That's something to think about...

    Haha, I could never guess who you might mean :) My husband is caught up in Mafia wars on FB, so he's clicking around killing people and robbing banks left and right :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled upon this blog and think it's such a clever idea! I can't wait to read more posts!

    ReplyDelete