Monday, August 16, 2010

Week 33

Hello Shanon!
I hope you've had a great week! Mine has been fun but very intense, it involved travelling over 2100 kilometres (which is over 1300 miles). We left on Wednesday morning and drove to my mom's and her husband's place. It wasn't in the original plan to go there, but it was very nice all the same. She lives about 560 kilometres (350 miles) sout of us, which means that the weather was much warmer than here. The downside to living in the north of Sweden is that summer starts later and ends faster than in the south, I'd say the difference is a couple of weeks both in the beginning and the end which makes a big difference. Anyway, we left a kind of cool Umeå and arrived in the evening to a warm and pleasant Falun. We ate pizza in their greenhouse and talked about how much they had done in their garden make-over since we left them after our last visit, and it was all very cozy.

The day after that we left for Stockholm. On the way there I saw a traffic sign that informed us about an upcoming resting place called "The dala horse". I knew I had to check that one out so I made Martin head off the freeway and as I suspected there was an enormous dala horse on the resting place. I actually googled it just now, and this one is apparently the worlds largest dala horse - it's 13 metres high! I felt like a real tourist when I snapped shots of it, but I thought I had to show it to you :) We did lots more this week like going shopping in extremely hot weather and go to my cousins wedding (plus riding in the car a lot), but I'll tell you more about that another time :)

Take care!

xoxo

Moa


Hello lovely Moa!
My postcard is going to be short and sweet this week. My weekend dufflebag. =)

We drove out of town to see our new nephew, Jacob. Ben's sister had her second baby, a son, so clearly we needed to check him out! Hehe

On our way back home, even though it was super windy, we decided to stop at the lake to see my family. Even windy days are good at the lake! =) The waves were crashing over the dock and so we stayed inside and played a few quick hands of cards. Of course we took off once I was winning. Hah!

Lots of hugs to you!

xoxo,

Shanon

No comments:

Post a Comment