Monday, September 6, 2010

Week 36

Hello Shanon!
I hope you're week has been good. Mine has been crazy intense once again. Not only did I have a major cold, I was also planning and going on a little trip with the kids from my school. We went to a lovely place about half an hour outside of town. It was a place by a beautiful lake, I was completely amazed when I arrived and took in the views. We were there for about 24 hours and a lot of the time was filled with activities but I managed to sneak in a little time down on the pier by the lake. The sun was shining, the air was clear and fresh and the water was lapping - it was just wonderful. I so enjoyed sitting there just relaxing and enjoying the nature. There is just something so calming about water... I took this shot with a little compact camera that belongs to the school that I carried around in my pocket the entire time :)

Martin and I have fixed some things around the apartment too. We finally picked up the new livingroom lamp that we ordered a couple of weeks ago and it looks so good in place. We also put up some picture rails that we bought last week, where we're putting our wedding photos. Since we have several concrete walls in our apartment it's always a bother when we want to put something on the wall. We had to borrow a hammer-drill from a friend to fix the hook for the lamp and the holes for the picture rails. That's why I'm happy that we finally got our act together and did it, it's so easy to postpone things like that :) I can't wait until it's all done, then I'll put away some junk around here and snap a shot to show you :)

Take care my friend!

xoxo

Moa


Hello Moa!
Welcome to September! =)
I was so happy to see cooler weather this week. The hot August days took a toll on me and I was longing for cool weather. The first overcast cool day made me so happy. It's pretty odd to say, but I don't care. I'm excited to wear sweaters and boots, and bundle up under blankets. (Not that we are THERE yet.) I'm also looking forward to the leaves changing and American football. Mmmm... the crispness of it all. Fall is so special.
This week I headed to the garden center for chrysanthemums and sale perennials. I left having spent more than I planned, but very happy with it all! =) Two big pots of orange mums sit flanking our door, and two smaller pots of blackish purple petunias (that were on sale) make me think of Halloween. I know it's a tad early, but I couldn't help myself! (They'll probably be dead by then, but it's still fun.)
I got some other things that I already have in the garden, but wanted more of, including red cone flower, reddish/purple stemmed salvia, and some yellow lilies. I also placed an online order for some more irises, in colors that I don't have. I love irises, and they come in a million different color ways. It's dangerous! =)
So, the week was about gardening and cooler weather. Two of my faves.
See you next week!
Xoxo,
Shanon

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love those mums! Such a rich, gorgeous colour... and very suiting for fall too! I love to hear about all your pretty flowers, since I don't have a garden of my own. We still have our balcony flowers, but they're starting to wilt and we're just letting them be I'm ashamed to say... We'll take care of that some day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't feel bad. I've let all my flowers go in the last month too. Can you toss 'em and put in mums now too? =)

    ReplyDelete