Monday, October 11, 2010

Week 41

Hi Shanon!
I hope you've had a great week. Mine has been kind of relaxed. Martin was away for a couple of days, so I got a flash-back to my days as a single woman :) I ate pizza two nights in a row and snuggled up under the blanket with tea and candy a lot. So actually things weren't that much different from when Martin is at home, except he has better character than me so we eat healthier food when he's at home :)

This weekend my sister and her husband came to visit us. It was the first time we saw them since August, so it was really nice. My sister and I planned a lot of knitting projects, she's a pro so I'm picking up many useful tips. Right now I'm starting on a hat that will be so cute, I can't wait until it's finished. Anway, we had a great time just relaxing, watching movies and playing Mah-Jong. One thing I love about having guests staying over are the long breakfasts. We ate lots of different yummy things and I finally got a good excuse to use the cute egg cups that we usually never bother with :)

Hope you'll have a great week 41 (Only 12 postcards left now, I can hardly believe it! I'm going to miss this so much when we're done).

xoxo

Moa


Hiya Moa!
My postcard comes from early last week. It's from where we had our a dinner date. On Monday, Ben and I celebrated the 16 year anniversary of the day we met. We went to different high schools, and we met one night after a volleyball game. I don't remember if he's school won or mine. I'm guessing his! His cousin was on their team and she was really good.
We met after the game in the hallway, where all the teenagers were hanging out on their way to the bus or to their cars. Some of my friends knew some of his friends, but at the time I don't think I really knew that. I just lost track of where my friends went, so I turned around and asked him, and made him help me go look! (He also offered to share some of his candy from the concession stand with me. THAT was the clincher! Haha)
I don't know why I was so adventurous and outgoing that night?! I remember getting ready after school before going to the game, and having the feeling that something was going to happen, that it was going to be a big night and something would change my life. If only those "psychic" feelings continued! Maybe I'd have won the lottery by now and be rich! Haha
So anyhow. We always celebrate the anniversary of that day. It's probably more important to me than the day we got married. It was the magic day that our paths crossed. It wasn't a day planned out or decided upon. It was just a day when something special happened. It reminds me of being young and hopeful, and up for anything.
=)
xoxo,
Shanon

2 comments:

  1. Oh, such a romantic story! I get visions from different high school movies before my eyes as I try to envision a young Shanon and a young Ben meeting... I especially like how you made him go look for your friends with you, one has to be a bit clever when it comes to love. I pretended to like football when I wanted to have a good excuse to hang out with Martin, but once we were together I revealed my true colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being under a blanket, eating candy, sounds very much like recent times in my house! =)

    My mom knits like a crazy person, but I've never even tried. I think I should!

    Someday I should show you our prom picture. We look so different!

    ReplyDelete