Sunday, October 31, 2010

Week 44

Hello my friend!
I hope your week has been good. I've been at home from work this week too, but I'm starting to feel a bit better now so I took a little trip to town one of the days. I figured a good way to pamper myself was to freshen up my wardrobe a bit :) I bought two pairs of boots and some new shirt-tunics - which you can see in the photo, but I'm guessing you understand that :). I absolutely love shirt-tunics (I don't know if that's actually the right term for it but it's the best I could come up with), they're so comfortable and very practical. I love that they can be dressed up and dressed down as well. Today I wore one of them with black tights, my new pretty leather boots and a long pearl necklace and I felt very snazzy.

Another day this week I had a friend and her little baby boy over for a visit during the day, it was so lovely and cozy. We took a walk in the brisk weather and bought some mozzarella pizza that we had for lunch. While her son slept we drank coffee and chatted all afternoon. It was nice when he was awake too. I fed him banana slices and sniffed his hair, there's nothing like that sweet baby smell. I can imagine that you long for when you'll get to do that on your baby :)

Take care and have a great week Shanon!

xoxo

Moa


Hi Moa!
I hope you had a pleasant week. =)

This week I bought a big bag of Halloween candy and proclaimed that it was not for trick or treaters, but all for me! =) Well, I did share with Ben, but only the pieces that I didn't like. ; ) Is there any better way to share? Haha I think I nearly lived on Rollos for the week. Rollos are an American chocolate candy full of caramel.... Yuuuuuuuum!

I also finished up a book about two of Henry VIII's wives, Anne of Cleves and Katherine Howard. It was historical fiction, and pretty entertaining. All the jewels and gowns... but the fear of death at every turn. I think I'd pass on the chance at power! =)

We had our first hard frost, so one morning I attempted to capture it for you. Now the last of my zinnias and snap dragons are gone, but for a brief moment they had a sugary look to them.

And now I'm reminded of Halloween candy again...
=)

xoxo,

Shanon

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is such a gorgeous photo! I love the frost-cover... it really does make the flowers look like they're covered in sugar :)

    Hey, I wonder if that's the same candy that we have in Sweden. Only I was sure they were an English brand... Our rollos are delicious and look like this:

    http://www.candyking.com/Candyking/templates/Candyking_productPage.aspx?id=1392&epslanguage=SV

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be the same thing! It looks like the same shape, only ours come in a long row of them all wrapped together. http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/rolo.asp http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rolos.jpg
    And I guess I spelled the name wrong! =) Ours only have one "l."

    ReplyDelete